Thursday, October 18, 2018

How to Survive LDR

Today's post is inspired by my own experience in dealing with long distance relationship (LDR). Being in an LDR is no easy feat. There are really times that you really miss him/her and want to talk to him/her about a certain problem or topic, and laugh with him/her.
 Personally, I am okay with LRD because it gives us (me and my partner) a chance to grow and store a lot of experiences to share when the two of us will meet. Being an independent woman, I want to be the master of my time, and that is maybe the reason why I love being in a long distance relationship. But I know for a fact that someday I will hate it especially when starting to have kids.
Others really don't like to be in a long distance relationship (LDR) for some reasons.
But, how can someone survive in a long distance relationship? Here are my humble ways:
1. Communication is key. 
There should be time for the two of you to talk even in messenger, line or any means.  Talking means caring, knowing and paying attention. So, express what you feel and of course listen as well.
2. Keep yourself busy.
If both of you are working, then keeping yourself  busy with your work is a path where you won't be engaged with somebody else. I mean in a mundane world right now, people are easily developed to somebody they are mostly engaged to (in my own point of view).
3. Take care of yourself.
It is not being selfish; it is self love. You must have to love yourself the most so that it is easier for you to love others.
4. Prayer is another key.
Asking God's guidance is very beneficial in life's challenges. It is meditating and healing at the same time. Pray for your partner's health and guidance that he/she may not look for another one lol.
5.  Enjoy the process.
Being loved is a gift. In your own little way, someone is hoping to see you soon.
Enjoy the process; after all, distance is not an issue because at the end she/he will have you.

No comments: